I/O modules for ModbusRTUFor the acquisition of inputs and the control of outputs in industrial applications, we offer a wide range of I/O modules for ModbusRTU under the brand name ICPDAS. Several series of fieldbus components are available, which support the well known serial ModbusRTU protocol and offer different inputs and outputs for physical measurement variables:
- M-7000 series: Our proven standard supports the ModbusRTU and the DCON protocol with max. 16 digital and 20 analog inputs and outputs per module as well as status LEDs
- M-2000 series: The new module series in the slim design for ModbusRTU and DCON with analog inputs.
- tM series: The compact modules for simple applications with max. 8 analog and digital inputs and outputs per module
- LC series: Relay modules for lighting and alarm control
- SC series: Switching relays for lighting systems and room air conditioning
ModbusRTU (RTU: Remote Terminal Unit) is an open client/server protocol that has established as a standard in industrial communication. The ModbusRTU protocol enables safe networking of devices with a serial interface (RS-232/422/485).
Analog and digital inputs and outputsOur ModbusRTU I/O modules capture analog and digital signals:
- Analog inputs for direct connection of volts, mV, mA, thermocouples, Pt100 and Pt1000 as well as strain gauges
- Digital inputs such as counter, frequency and encoder
- Analog outputs allow control and regulation via voltage (0 ~ +5 V, 0 ~ +10 V, +/-5 V, +/-10 V) and current (0 ~ +20 mA or +4 ~ +20 mA)
- Digital outputs with Open Collector, sink/source and up to 700mA per channel
- Relay outputs such as signal, power and PhotoMOS
Special functions of ModbusRTU I/O modulesDepending on the product series, our ModbusRTU I/O modules are available with the following special technical features:
- Self-tuner function - automatic recognition of data flow direction and baud rate simplifies software programming
- Safety - overvoltage protection, open wire detection, ESD protection and 3000 V isolation ensure a high degree of functional reliability in industrial environments.
- Power-On Value - power-on values can be configured for safe industrial use
- Safe Values - in the event of a communication failure, the setting of the Safe Values prevents damage to connected devices.
- Simple mounting - Standard equipment for DIN-rail in the switch cabinet and additionally for the wall.