I/O modules for DCONFor the acquisition of inputs and the control of outputs in industrial applications, we offer a wide range of I/O modules for DCON under the brand ICPDAS. Two series of I/O modules are available, which support the DCON protocol and offer different inputs and outputs for physical measurement variables:
The DCON (ASCII) protocol is a proprietary ICPDAS software for configuration and testing of I/O modules with serial (RS-232/485) or Ethernet (Virtual COM Port) interface. It is compatible with almost all Windows operating systems. The DCON Utiltiy is used to set the baud rate, checksum, format and various options for module search. In addition, tools for data logging and command line tools are available.
Analog and digital inputs and outputsOur DCON I/O modules capture analog and digital signals:
- Analog inputs for direct connection of volts, mV, mA, thermocouples, Pt100 and Pt1000 as well as strain gauges.
- Digital inputs such as counter, frequency and encoder
- Analog outputs allow control and regulation via voltage (0 ~ +5 V, 0 ~ +10 V, +/-5 V, +/-10 V) and current (0 ~ +20 mA or +4 ~ +20 mA) - Analog outputs enable control and regulation via voltage (0 ~ +5 V, 0 ~ +10 V, +/-5 V, +/-10 V) and current (0 ~ +20 mA or +4 ~ +20 mA)
- Digital outputs with Open Collector, sink/source and up to 700mA per channel
- Relay outputs such as signal, power and PhotoMOS
Special functions of the DCON I/O modulesDepending on the product series, our DCON I/O modules are available with the following special technical features:
- Self-tuner function - automatic recognition of data flow direction and baud rate simplifies software programming
- Safety - overvoltage protection, open wire detection, ESD protection and 3000 V isolation ensure a high functional reliability in industrial environments.
- Power-On Value - power-on values can be configured for safe industrial use
- Safe Values - In case of communication failure, the setting of the Safe Values prevents damage to the connected devices.
- Easy Mounting - Standard equipment for DIN-rail in the switch cabinet and additionally for the wall.